For more than 50 years, The Navigators of Canada has remained committed to guiding people to Jesus and equipping them to become spiritual guides for others seeking to connect deeply with people and God.
In our humanity and imperfection, this is what we value as we seek to introduce the world to Jesus, one person at a time:
- The passion to know, love and become like Jesus – our purpose is to be humble servants of Jesus who faithfully live out and fulfill the Great Commission of Matthew 28.
- The truth and sufficiency of the Scriptures – we seek to always be growing in our knowledge of God’s Word so we’re equipped to better guide others through it and live it out in our own lives.
- The transforming power of the Gospel in individual lives, community and culture as a whole – we are faithfully present with those around us, engaging them with Jesus’ life-giving teachings in approachable and caring ways.
- The leading of the Holy Spirit – All of our mentoring is spirit-led. This means we are humbly guided by the Holy Spirit as he invites us into where He is at work.
- The dignity, value and unique gifting of every person – We seek to engage those we meet and mentor in culturally diverse ways that both respect our differences and contextualize the Gospel as vibrant and active.
- Transforming the nations through relational networks – To guide and equip people to pass on their faith and become guides for others, we focus our approach on those within our natural, relational networks. By caring for those we’re connected to in strategic ways, we can disciple with the long term in mind and send out generations of Jesus-loving Christ followers into the nations.
- Partnership with the local church, organizations and the larger Body of Christ in advancing the Kingdom – if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. We value the collaborative nature of our strong, intentional partnerships that allow us to continue to grow and reach people with the Gospel in new ways.