Life On Life
A Discipleship Training Conference
|Date:||October 4-5, 2019|
|Time:||Friday October 4
7:00 – 9:00 pm Evening Session
Saturday October 5
8:45 am – 4:00 pm (includes lunch)
|Location:||480 Charlemagne Blvd.
|Venue:||Bilberry Creek Baptist Church|
|Cost:||$79 Early Group Rate (3 or more)
$89 Early Single/Double
$99 Regular Rate (after Friday September 27, 2019
|Contact:||Dennis Funk – email: [email protected]
|Poster:||Download a copy of our conference poster: Training Conference Poster|
Are you a disciple who wants to be a disciple-maker? Join ordinary followers of Jesus who desire to impact others with practical training that illustrates, demonstrates, and helps people experience the ways of coming alongside others first-hand.
The format of the conference will be highly interactive. More information will be posted in the coming months. Start by viewing this video of Bill Mowry talking about the content of the conference’ based on his book – Ways of the Alongsider
How can this help me and our church?
As a pastor or church leader, do you feel disciplemaking is mostly on your shoulders? Do you agree that disciplemaking is not just for ministry professionals? Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by complex disciplemaking programs and studies?
In this workshop, we want to help change your picture. We think of disciplemaking as coming alongside people to help them become wholehearted Jesus followers using some simple practices. You will discover what Jesus teaches about being a disciple and practice some of these disciplemaking skills.
By bringing along key ministry leaders and committed individuals from your church, together you will be able to begin a process of growing an intentional disciple-making culture that no longer depends on you.
What to expect?
- Understand the theological principles for disciple-making
- To simplify, declutter and un-professionalize disciple making to help every believer feel equipped and confident to make disciples
- how to be effective in coming alongside an individual and helping them take the next step of getting closer to Jesus.
- understand how you can partner with the Holy Spirit to transform another life
- be inspired with a vision of disciple-making
- practical “take away” tools and an action plan
- active learning (learn and do practices)
- extensive resource table on site for your discipleship needs!
What past participants have shared about the DISCIPLE conference:
- “Simplifying discipleship, so that even I can be used. I feel the pressure has been lifted, that even I, a layperson, can disciple others!”
- “The conference gave me practical tools to remember the important parts of discipleship. This helps me feel more confident that I’ll be able to easily remember and pass them on, but a secondary benefit is that it really distilled the information down to the basic parts of making disciples. That in and of itself is a confidence booster!”
- “This has made a real difference to how I will disciple people from now on. I have already put it into practice.”
Main Plenary Speaker:
We’re all motivated by a vision or passion. Bill’s passion is to help everyday Christians engage in the world’s greatest enterprise, The Great Commission of making disciples (Matthew 28:18-20). His aim is to de-professionalize and unclutter this command to make disciples and return it to Jesus’ intentional example of relational ministry. Bill dreams of thousands of alongsiders released to creatively and intentionally advance the gospel and make disciples in relational ways . . . one conversation and one life at a time.
Bill is a veteran staff member with The Navigators Church Ministries and brings over forty years of experience in disciplining people in a variety of life contexts. He has an MA in adult education from The Ohio State University and is a published author in leadership, evangelism, and discipleship (Ways of the Alongsider, Navpress). Bill is a certified Life and Ministry Coach, coaching pastors and leaders across the U.S. and overseas. He provides leadership to a growing staff team in a four-state region. Bill has brought the alongsider training to churches across the U.S. and Canada plus Honduras, Bulgaria, and Singapore. Bill and his wife Peggy live in Columbus, Ohio.
Working together to bring this conference.